Monday 22 October 2012

Boundaries - Personal

The personal boundaries I am chatting about are the boundaries you hold yourself by . The way we treat ourselves.

Why is it OK for us to tell ourselves things that aren't nice but if someone else said it we would complain, freak out and become emotionally challenged...

Where do we draw the line for our personal boundaries ??
Why do we work at keeping them in tact between us and others, yet within ourselves we don't honour the same space ?

I learnt at some point that how we treat others is a vital part of who we are, no one EVER told me that the true test of who we are is how we treat ourselves, what we tell ourselves and how we learn to love ourselves.

I learnt that if I don't hold myself to my own boundaries then I allow people to not hold healthy boundaries in a relationship with me. Its crazy... its like you can sniff out your weaknesses by the way your relationships are playing out.

When I don't have an inner conflict then it doesn't show up in my relationships. But when I am not 100% sure of something a boundary then hey presto a friend, a lover or a family member seems to cross that boundary . I need to then work through why I have the conflict within and how I am playing out in relationships

Its really a challenge and liberating to be in touch with the inner conversations, boundaries and questions.

But the main point is simple boundaries would not be crossed in your friendships if you weren't trampling them with in.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment