Thursday 1 November 2012

How do you define yourself ?

Interesting question ...

When I ask you to pick 5 symbols to represent yourself what do you pick ?

Your kids, your job, your career,good, bad, strong, weak , happy, sad, your bank account, your partner, your hobbies, yours fears, your body, your favorite food......

What do you define yourself as or with ? Its a hard one as we are conditioned to believe we are our actions or beliefs. Beliefs and actions are both learned, did you learn who you were? are your actions who you are or something you do .... your beliefs who you are or what you believe/ been taught?

I wonder is who you are covered up with so many beliefs or actions that you may not actually know whats under neath ?

I have heard a lot of 'rights' and 'wrongs' along the way and often I have been the one casting a Judgement. But If I knew what I was judging was just piles and piles of unneeded beliefs or actions then maybe I wouldn't judge someone else by their piles ... maybe I would learn to see past the piles to the person ... To see 'who' they were and not the definitions they have taken on or I have given.

I use to define myself as a chef, I am no longer a chef ... but I am no different besides what I do to pay the bills.
I use to believe in rights and wrongs ... I now believe in balance ... but I am still who I was before I changed that belief
I use to aim for perfection ... I now aim for the best I can do in any moment ... I am still me though

So as everything changes and grows what remains ........ I know what i believe remains within me ..... Do you know what remains within you ??



No comments:

Post a Comment