Sunday 14 October 2012

What do you bring to a conversation ?

So this question has been mulling around for quite a while... I am surrounded by so many different people with different conditioning, different story's, different opinion and different reasons.

When YOU are in a conversation with people what is it that you do ? Does it depend on the person you are speaking with or does it depend on your inner needs ...

So when I meet with someone, I bring my truth to the table wrapped up in a whole lot of respect ( self respect) The reason its wrapped up in self respect is, I know my truth isn't for everyone and I know that they do not have to agree with me, I also know I do not need to make them, I do not need to win and I do not need to prove anything. I bring ME to the table.

In those moments they can take me for what I am offering which is a true piece of who I am, mistakes, venerability, compassion and truth (my truth not everyone's) or they can show no self respect and s**t on the table with a whole lot of should's and shouldnt's,  rights and wrongs  and never actually share their truth.

What I have learnt recently is I don't have patience for this  .. mainly because I am changing it in my inner world. I lived as though being right and seen as good or knowledgeable were more important than living authentically. So it not only highlights my inner conflict to be more authentic and true, It also pushes me to be compassionate with people still living this way.... So yes people Karma is a beautiful thing but its also a full time job in itself.

I grew up knowing I had to work out everyone's motives so i knew quickly what I had to bring to the table to satisfy their needs.

Iv swapped this behavior and fear around for something that feeds my authentic self , I now look to see what I can learn from them ( this is from everyone) I now look to see how I can connect with them in more ways than just words. Lastly I hope that every interactions gives me the chance to be kind, true and able to learn something.

So when I come to the table, I bring infinite possibilities, the space for truth to be shared and a moment to understand each other.  This is new and I work at it everyday in every conversation. I use them as tools to live more authentically and as experiences I am blessed to experience. Even though in some moments I am not thinking so clearly.

I do not bring perfection, I do not know it all and I am not always right. ( this is all the opposite side of authentic living but sometimes I try to sit in that corner too until someone with their authentic self and truth kicks me back into reality.)

So back to the question, what do you bring to the table ?

No comments:

Post a Comment