Tuesday 25 September 2012

Honoring Who You Are... Part of a process

So this is a topic that is close to my heart. Mainly because it is something I haven't fully grasped yet. Within it holds a lot of different dimensions.
- Personal boundaries
- Self esteem
- Your expectations of yourself
- The expectations you have taken on from others
- The truths you know
- The lies you tell yourself
( loads more than this)

This list can be over whelming, can often seem like only the most achieved guru or physiologist can understand.  I take this from a belief I was brought up with. A belief that someone else, somewhere else can be great but me ... well I will never be enough.

This belief was unspoken but was taught to me in actions of the ones I loved. Not through any conscious decisions but through their own unconscious belief patterns that were actually handed to them from others . So now we have a lineage of people, living someone else's unconscious belief. My decision now is ... is this for me ...

This was the start of me asking who I am ? This started over 8 years ago and if I'm honest it started years before that. It played out in the roles I played with in my family, It played out in my relationships and it played out in the satsang that played in my head years before I knew how to verbalize it.

What would I feel if I felt empowered to honor who I am... If I felt so empowered I could honor who you are. No limits , no attachments just a space ready for something new. IMAGINE.

Last night I spoke to someone who not only lit a torch within me to look deeper, but also encouraged the HOPE that this is possible as an internal experience and maybe more....

Then later I spoke to another beautiful person who capped this for me in a language and experience I could understand. Encouraging me to step into my space and hold it. They didn't tell me, rather showed me.

It is funny how we meet, we chat and we leave people but what is the gift is when you spot that moment that gets to be a highlight in the match rather than just another play.

I want to thank the 3 beautiful souls that engaged in my journey last night and held a space with me. Honored me as I was allowed to honor them.

I do not have the answers to this one, I am in its journey as most of us are. I have labeled it honoring as that is how it feels to me. To honor me, to honor you and to know that space is a gift.

So ask the questions, sit with the answers and let it happen .. that is my motto for this one.

Any ideas, sharing may be the start of the honoring of who you are, what you believe ....


No comments:

Post a Comment