Friday 28 September 2012

Authentic self?

So this phrase gets thrown around a lot, usually as a direction or justification of who we are.

I am no expert and am stumbling through this area like so many.

What I do know is an authentic self does not judge, put people down or  demean them, that is ego and as pretty or well excused as it is, ego is not authentic. This is important to start with because we often mix up confidence, faking it till you make it and true self power.

Authentic self is the most powerful. It is your truth in action and it can be your guide in life. Being authentic doesn't mean never being uncomfortable or confused it means you navigate this area from your angle not someone else's.

What I have noticed is the authentic self has stripped bare layers of conditioning, belief systems & investigated not just the spiritual aspect of themselves but the mental & emotional. They acknowledge the behaviours they have learnt and work daily at undoing them and then they start to, from a neutral place build the authenticity that is so unique and beautiful we can almost smell it from them.

The authentic person has an aura, an essence, a difference, a presence that with out the deep reflection on their behalf,I do not believe you would be able to experience from them.

So the next time your asking about how authentic you are ask simply 'have I acknowledged what I need to acknowledge to know that I am always safe being who I really am ? '

If I need to justify or explain, I'm not being authentic.

Being authentic can feel so exposed and even Target like at times as you are saying clearly 'I won't play the roles, expectations or games anymore' You are saying I'm ok, that can be a really freeing place but with freedom comes responsibility.

I work every day at striping the layers to get closer to the authentic Sile and everyday she hangs around a little more than the day before. In those moments/seconds/fleeting thoughts or feelings, I feel that connection to my higher self/divine self/god. When she's around she holds the space for authentic you to show up. So when one of us has that truth present it gives us all permission.

It's amazing how your journey encourages my journey.

Life is a journey not a result.

No comments:

Post a Comment